АвторТема: Новость от FTDNA - по mtDNA FGS скидки!!!  (Прочитано 3445 раз)

Оффлайн LifanovАвтор темы

• Рейтинг +60/-0
  • Парадигма-то другая...
    • База YDNA
  • Y-ДНК: R1a1
  • мтДНК: L2a
Новость от FTDNA - по mtDNA FGS скидки!!!
« : 08 Октябрь 2009, 09:34:51 »
Получил рассылку в рамках своей группы.

Краткое содержание:
цены на FGS c 9 или 10 октября до 1 ноября:
у кого есть HVR1 - $199
у кого есть HVR1 и HVR2 - $179

В НОЯБРЕ БУДЕТ ДОРОЖЕ!!!

This is relevant to any of you who were even remotely considering doing the Full Genome Sequence (FGS) upgrade this month or in the next year or two.

I got a call from the ftdna lab because they have just been able to acquire several new machines that can sequence mitochondrial dna much faster and more easily than anything used anywhere before.   That means, they can do an accurate Full Genome Sequence upgrade much cheaper than ever before!

Tomorrow they are going to be sending out notices to customers about special one month pricing they are going to offer in October only.   (They want to get a bunch of tests into their database to make matching people a more meaningful process.)  On November 1st they'll start offering the FGS to the general public, but the price will be higher than the October prices(below).  However, the regular price after Nov 1 will still be MUCH lower than the previous $450 price.)

The timing is perfect for our group since we were going to submit a batch of upgrades this month anyway.  However, as you will see below, the "October only" price they're offering IS EVEN LOWER THAN THE $299 PRICE THEY WERE GIVING OUR GROUP.    You can see what I mean in this excerpt from an email I got because I am a group administrator:

We will be offering our current customers a promotion at the following prices, valid until October 31st, 2009:
   $179 for those who have already tested HVR1 and HVR2
   $199 for those who have already tested HVR1

So what does that mean to us?  Three things:

1) There is no longer a need to submit a "batch" of people in October as planned....instead, any of you who are willing to do the upgrade should---once you get the email from ftnda tomorrow--go to your ftdna web page and just order the FGS directly.  Of course, keep me posted if you indeed make the order and let me know when your results come in. (I don't get notified by the lab, so you have to tell me.)

2)In addition to those of you who already expressed interest (Brown, Feldsott, Baskerville, Jackson, Cotlove, Dombeck, Gil), some others of you may want to consider taking advantage of this record low price.  Those of us who paid more may be cursing (heck, nobody is cursing more than me as I had the FGS done 5 years ago for $895!!!!), but an expected technological breakthrough that makes the price reduction possible and for those who haven't done the test yet, you are very lucky indeed.

3) The combination of all the information we've already gathered from our group, plus the new FGS data we will soon be getting is going to give us an excellent basis for figuring out our group story.  I will make it a priority to get the analysis work done within a month of less of this last batch of FGS results coming in.

As always, please contact me if you have any questions, problems ordering the test etc. (Don't try to do it tonight...I don't think the new prices are in their system yet.)

With excitement for the next phase of our adventure,

Debbie

Оффлайн Centurion

• 100% Earth (Solar System) genofond
  • Администратор
  • Страна: ru
  • Рейтинг +566/-2
Re: Новость от FTDNA - по mtDNA FGS скидки!!!
« Ответ #1 : 08 Октябрь 2009, 11:44:08 »
Да что ж за жизь....!  :'(

Когда кругом скидки: 23иЯ, FGS.... денег лишних нет.

Блин.

• Рейтинг +60/-0
  • Парадигма-то другая...
    • База YDNA
« Ответ #2 : 08 Октябрь 2009, 11:46:22 »

Может быть... Продать что-нибудь ненужное? ;)

Оффлайн Centurion

• 100% Earth (Solar System) genofond
  • Администратор
  • Страна: ru
  • Рейтинг +566/-2
« Ответ #3 : 08 Октябрь 2009, 11:48:34 »

Может быть... Продать что-нибудь ненужное? ;)
Для того, чтобы продать что-нибудь нужно это что0нибудь иметь  ;D

• Рейтинг +60/-0
  • Парадигма-то другая...
    • База YDNA
« Ответ #4 : 09 Октябрь 2009, 10:58:15 »
Получил рассылку в рамках своей группы.

FTDNA раскидало официальное письмо:

So now on to the news that you've been waiting for. A new price for the full mtDNA test will be introduced in November but until then we are offering our current customers a promotional price through October 31st, 2009:
   $179 (was $410) for those who have already tested up to HVR2 (the order item is HVR2 to MEGA)
   $199 (was $420) for those who have already tested HVR1 (the order item is HVR1 to MEGA)

Оффлайн dyuser

• Рейтинг +7/-0
  • Y-ДНК: G2a3b1* (P303)
  • мтДНК: H1b (FGS)
« Ответ #5 : 09 Октябрь 2009, 11:42:42 »
Мне тоже пришло письмо-предложение от ФТДНА.
Прошу прощения, за несколько наивный вопрос mt-спецам:
что реально даст FGS? Как я понимаю: сузит поиск "mt-совпаденцев" (их немало) и более точно определит субклад. По данным HVR1 и HVR2 - гаплогруппа H, но весьма похоже на H1b.
Материнская линия у меня совсем архивно-неисследованная (бабушка была сиротой).
Придется наверное продать что-нибудь ненужное. :)

© 2007 Молекулярная Генеалогия (МолГен)

Внимание! Все сообщения отражают только мнения их авторов.
Все права на материалы принадлежат их авторам (владельцам) и сетевым изданиям, с которых они взяты.

Rambler's Top100